Please find below important documents and information about our school.
The Ofsted Inspection Report, May 2013, graded our school as Outstanding.
The summary of key findings states:
This is an outstanding school because:
- Leaders, managers and the governing body have maintained and improved on outstanding teaching and the rate of pupils’ progress since the last inspection.
- Pupils make very good progress, especially in their communication and early literacy and number skills. This includes young children in the Nursery and the students in the sixth form provision.
- Teaching throughout the school is outstanding. Teachers have an excellent understanding of the learning and personal needs of their pupils and tailor all activities to enable each individual pupil to make the best possible progress.
- Over time, they make significant progress in their personal development, independence and ability to make choices and they have outstanding relations with adults at the school. Their behaviour is almost always impeccable.
- The pupils enjoy school. This is reflected in the very low absence rates of the vast majority of pupils.
- The pupils feel and are kept very safe. Their attitudes to learning are excellent and this has a great impact on their behaviour and progress.
- The headteacher has led the development of an outstanding leadership team. Together they continually monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and the pupils’ activities and inspire teachers and other adults to strive to help each pupil achieve as well as possible.
- Governors are exceptionally well informed about the progress of pupils and the standards of teaching. They are passionate about providing the very best for the pupils and they contribute an excellent level of challenge and support to the school’s leaders.
You can read the full report below.