Aim: To develop children’s listening skills and awareness of sounds in the environment.
- Identifying sounds in the environment verbally/using pictures/photographs.
- Responding to particular sounds in the environment.
- Opportunities to experience different sounds.
- Sensory stories, e.g. using props etc.
- Verbalising/identifying/listening to sounds through play, e.g. animal/transport noises.
- Exposure/reactions to different genres of music, e.g. rock, classical.
- Sounds/musical toys out of sight– does your child look for them?
- Responding to their name being called.