The Bridge School Mission Statement
“Striving for Excellence-Valuing Achievement”
Our School is a place where everyone is treated with dignity, with respect and is of equal worth.
Our vision is to develop a highly effective learning community.
To achieve our vision our aims are to:
- Create a happy, safe and secure learning environment where all pupils'/students' needs are met, where progress, achievements and success are recognised and praised.
- Promote the pupils'/students' spiritual, physical and emotional well-being so that they are secure, confident and well-motivated.
- Help pupils/students acquire the knowledge, skills and confidence, which enable them to lead as full, interesting and independent lives as possible.
- Develop pupils'/students' personal responsibility and encouraging decision making and choice, communicating through whatever means appropriate.
- Provide a wide range of personalised appropriate learning experiences, which are both exciting and challenging.
- Provide pupils/students with experiences of their own and other religious and cultural backgrounds and values.
- Listen and respect pupil voice and their contributions
- Offer opportunities of working co-operatively alongside others, developing friendships and respect for others.
- Foster positive relationships with parents and other professionals.
- Ensure that all the statutory curriculum guidance is delivered to all pupils/students.
- Provide all staff with training and development opportunities to enable effective practice.
Bridge School Values:
These values have been compiled by the staff with input from governors and also parents through the governing body.
Pupils/ Students are respected for who they are while all strive for each individual to make progress and achieve their potential.
Respect is shown for pupils by staff ensuring that pupils:
- are the centre of every action of every one at all times
- are never talked over and that all adult conversation is about supporting learning of the pupils
- learn in an environment that is appropriate to the needs of the pupils e.g. bright and stimulating or low sensory arousal
- are kept safe at all times
- personal information and that of their family is kept confidential at all times. This includes no direct or indirect work comments on social media
- work with adults who adhere to all school policies and procedures
- work with staff who maximise all moments of the day to support pupil progress and achievement
- have outstanding adult role models at all time
Staff will work and support each other. They will:
- work together for the common goals of our school
- always be focussed on pupils
- have a can do attitude
- be confidential at all times about our work, our pupils, their families and each other
- be positive about each others' strengths and achievements and will help each other to improve constructively
- be a positive role model for our pupils and our school
- treat each other with respect and value each other
- seek solutions to any problems positively and professionally
- set and achieve high standards
- celebrate the success of others
- respect and value each person’s individuality, differences and beliefs operating within the school policies and procedures