There are many different activities in which you can explore length with your child at home. Please see some examples below.
- Using playdough to create long/short snakes.
- Exploring the length of different ribbons.
- Exploring objects that are different lengths.
- Use a height measuring chart with your child.
- Building towers of varying heights using bricks.
- Making different sized movements with your child, e.g. stretching up tall, curling into a ball, moving their arms above their head.
- Searching for items in the home that are bigger/smaller than a named item.