Below are some suggested activities for Number homework, it is important that you liaise with your child’s class teacher to determine suitable activities for your child.
Maths Number skills involve a variety of different skills:
· Counting a certain amount of objects, e.g. understanding that the number 3 represents 3 objects.
· Rote counting up to a specified number, e.g. rote counting is your child's ability to say the numerals in order. For example, simply reciting "1, 2, 3, 4, 5"
· Engaging in number songs and carrying out familiar actions within them.
· Using 1:1 correspondence in a variety of different contexts, e.g. putting a cake on each plate.
· Understanding concepts of quantity, e.g. one or lots, more or less.
· Using ordinals numbers to define position, e.g. 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
· Ordering numerals up to a specified number.
· Adding and subtracting numbers.
· Estimating small quantities.
· Recognising numerals on a number line or a communication board.