There are many different ways in which you can support your child to experience and explore aspects of pattern, colour and texture. Please see some examples below.
- Exploring different textured foods through taste/touch.
- Exploring different textured materials in the home.
- Looking at textured books.
- Identifying the colours of everyday things in the home.
- Using action patterns, e.g. clap, stomp, clap, stop.
- Exploring colourful objects.
- Using coloured cars to make a pattern through play, e.g. red car, blue car, red car, blue car.
- Using different coloured playdough.