There are various activities that your child can access at home relating to Money. Please see examples below.
- Using/helping you to use the self checkouts in shops.
- Experiencing the physical exchange of money by paying for items at the till.
- Exchanging a coin for a preferred item in the home.
- Singing songs that involve money, e.g. Five Currant Buns.
- Making things and selling them to family members or other events, e.g. cakes, crafts.
- Sorting coins that are the same by size/shape/colour.
- Counting out coins to pay for items.
- Recognising prices of items when shopping.
- Role play with toy shop equipment.